- Start by selecting OPEN APP on the FIELD MANAGER tile.
- There are two ways to create a new grower.
- Choose the Import grower button, then search for the grower in the drop down. Once the grower is selected from the list , the SAP ID should populate and then select ADD Grower. If the grower is not in the drop down menu you will need to contact your customer care representative or add them into crop edge.
- Choose the Manual add button, type in the growers and select ADD Grower. Creating a grower this way dose not link them to the SAP ID automatically. This process will have to be done at a later time.
- To select an MY Growers click in the Select Grower box and chose from the drop down that appears. Select Launch to open that grower.
- Users can now import SHP. files
- Select the Gear icon
- Select Upload Shape Files
- Drag and drop a zipped folder into the box and select Apply. Users can also select the Upload to navigate the file finder
- If Upload was chosen navigate the file finder to locate the zipped folder and select open
- Select apply to Publish the fields to the grower
- If no shape files are available follow the steps below
After choosing an existing grower or creating a new one, it will navigate to a map of the United States. There are three options to locate the desired field(s); using the scroll on the mouse to zoom in, holding down the shift key and left clicking the mouse while holding in order to drag a box over the desired area to zoom in, or using the Enter address in bottom right hand corner of the map and it will zoom to that address.
Once desired field is located, left click inside the CLU boundary and the selection will highlight blue. If multiple boundaries need to be added for the makeup of a single field, click the Multiple Select icon in the upper right corner of the map. Once all desired CLU boundaries have been selected, right click and select Add Field.
- If CLU boundaries are unavailable or inaccurate, fields can be drawn manually using two different methods. By selecting the Pencil icon on the right corner of the map, Draw a polygon and Draw a rectangle tools will appear.
- To use the Draw a polygon tool, select it from the right, navigate to the desired field and drop points around the edge of the boundary. Finish by selecting back on the starting point or by clicking Finish on the right hand side of the map.
- To use the Draw a rectangle, select it from the right, navigate to the desired field and left click while holding in a corner of the field to drag a box across the field.
- Field names can be edited by selecting the Pencil icon and inserting the name in the box that a appears
If you have any questions regarding this content, please reach out to us with the contact information provided below.