This document will walk you through the necessary steps to build out a Farm Field tree in Land.db from existing boundary shapefiles in Premier Crop Systems.
- Log into Premier Crop Systems and navigate on the left side to Data Entry and Exchange.
- Next, click on Manage Nutricalc Fields.
- You will now have the option to choose the hierarchy that you need for Land.db and export the boundaries by clicking the Export tab.
- On the left-hand side of each field, you can check as many fields as you would like to export.
- Remember to export the Field Boundary Shapefile.
- These files will appear in your downloads folder C:\Downloads. To import these files, you will need to Unzip/Extract the zip folder by right clicking on the zipped folder, choose Extract All…, and then save the files to the folder location of your choice.
Importing into Land.db
- Open Land.db client and click on the Land tab.
- Now, click on Home within the crop tree on the left and then navigate to the Map page on the right side of Land.db. Click on the gear icon on the far right to bring up Map Options and then choose Import Farm Field Tree.
- Navigate to the location of your saved boundaries exported from Premier Crop Systems. Here, you will need to select all the boundary files you wish to import and then select Open. Finally, select Process Shapes within the popup on the right-hand side to complete the tree import process.
- All of the boundaries you import will be listed in the Farm Field tree.
- If you click on an individual field, it will pull up the boundary on the aerial map.
If you have any questions regarding this content, please reach out to us with the contact information provided below.