Border Rows // Interior Crop Zone Buffer
- Within the Land Map tab, select a field and navigate to the Draw Border Rows feature within the Tools.
- Enter in the desired buffer or planter width and then choose Create Full Border or Draw Partial Border.
-Choosing Create Full Border will designate a border row around the entire field boundary at the designated border row or planter width.
-Choosing Draw Partial Border will allow you to then single click the beginning point of the partial border row, a second click on the edge of the boundary to designate the center point and then double click on the ending point of the border row. When identifying these three boundary points, you must be clicking inside the field boundary.
This will then create a full or partial border as set by your border row or planter width. Next, we will assign crops to both boundaries by choosing Assign Crops .
- Select the crop zones in the right-hand column from top to bottom to assign a crop and a crop zone name if desired. Once this has been accomplished, choose Finished.
- Within your crop tree will you now have both the border row/interior buffer zone and central crop zone layers within the field.
Exterior Crop Zone Buffer
- On a per work order or application basis, Land.db allows you to set an exterior crop zone buffer zone. With an application or work order selected, select the APPLICATOR tile.
- Within the applicator edit screen, input your desired buffer zone width in feet, buffer zone type and then choose DONE.
- After you have set your buffer zone, now select the PRINT button at the bottom right hand corner. The Application, Portrait Application and Application W/ Cost reports will all generate a map image of the field(s) within the application with its set exterior buffer zone. When hitting the Print button for a selected work order, the buffer zone will display with all available reports.
Yield – Mapping the Storage Location
- To map out an existing Yield storage location, navigate to Yield Locations and choose the ADD MAP LOCATION button.
- Within the map, navigate to a Yield storage location and then identify the NAME and TYPE. Next, choose the pencil icon and select the area of the map where you want to identify the storage location. If you select a Building as the TYPE, for example, then you will need to outline the building with multiple boundary points, double clicking on the final boundary point. Once finished, choose the SAVE button.
- Within the Yield Locations tab, we can now see map annotation layer when selected on the Yield storage location.
If you have any questions regarding this content, please reach out to us with the contact information provided below.