The eCotton Gin System is a software product created by EWR, Inc. It is the cotton industry’s most popular gin management system. Field to Sale loads entered in Land.db can be synchronized with eCotton to automatically download bale weights and other statistics.
Before synchronizing data with eCotton, Field to Sale loads will need to be entered in Land.db client. The Load IDs entered must match the Gin load IDs exactly (ex: 1111.0).
To create a Field to Sale load in Land.db Client:
- Navigate to Yield > From Fields and choose Add.
- Within the Fields page, specify the field(s) that were harvested.
- Navigate to the Loads page, remove the default Load Number and then enter the Load ID as assigned by the gin. A Sale Destination must be chosen but the Delivered Quantity can be skipped as it will be populated by eCotton.
- On the right side of the screen, specify the harvest date for the loads as well. Repeat this process to enter all the load numbers that should be synchronized. Once you have captured the necessary data, choose COMPLETE HARVEST LOADS.
- Navigate to www.landdb.com within Google Chrome and sign into your Land.db user account with Google or Microsoft. Once Land.db web has loaded, select the four horizontal white bars in the upper right hand corner and select Manage Data Access.
- Within the Manage Data Access page, select the middle Integrations tab. Select Create ecotton credential.
- Within the Create a credential for use with eCotton popup, select the target Data Source and the target Crop Year(s). Then, enter the ProducerID, Password, and GinId. These will be the same credentials that are used to access cottonhost.com. Once this is completed, choose Create.
- Click the Cloud Icon and choose Force Full Sync.
- Click Sync within the eCotton Integration section.
- After a few minutes, refresh Land.db Client by re-selecting your crop year in the top-middle of Land.db client. The previously entered loads should be automatically updated with eCotton information such as weight. Upon viewing your harvest load tickets within Yield > From Fields, there will also be a source document attached. Selecting upon the source document will display additional bale statistics such as micronaire and staple values.
If you have any questions regarding this content, please reach out to us with the contact information provided below.
Syngenta Digital Support
Phone: (270) 435-4369 - Option 1
M-TH: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM CST
F: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM CST